Saturday 3 August 2013

Mascaras


Howdy people!!! Today I thought I would talk about mascara's ones I am using, or ones I have used in the past. My honest thoughts on them. I have a few different brands in here. And most of they claim to do different things, as many products most are lying. I will rate out of 10. And price everything for you ( best as I can )

I am going to have to apologise now, because for some reason my blogger is playing up today, and won't let me upload photos the best I can do I'm afraid is link the Avon website after each product so you can view the item! VERY SORRY! :( 



 ' spectra lash ' by Avon. I've had this mascara for quite a long time. I think I bought it when it was on promotion, because I can be quite tight with Avon, but I don't see the point in paying full price when you receive the brochures from a rep. I don't like to pay full price because I could just buy it off the website. ( might as well grab a bargain while you can ) 

       It's a good mascara. It has 3 different settings along the bottom apparently they are supposed to change the thickness what it does to your eye lashes. I don't believe any of the settings make a difference. Don't get me wrong I like the mascara but I don't think that matters. It lengthens my small lashes quite a bit. It also does miracles to my bottom lashes. 

      I would buy this product again if it was on promotion. This original price is £10 I think mine was either half price at £5 or just over at £6. I don't mind paying that for a mascara, but £10 seems a bit steep when it's an Avon product. 

I am going to give this product a 7/10, because I do like the mascara but I don't understand the 3 different settings I think it was a waste of packaging ( which means more money ) 


Link below 

http://avonshop.co.uk/product/make-up/eyes/avon-spectralash-mascara.html


' thick and fast ' this is a soap and glory mascara. I actually got this at christmas in a big bundle gift of lots of different products. I maybe would of bought it eventually but this gift shop helped me decide and I didn't have to buy it individually. 

        It's a great mascara, as I've said before I have terrible lashes so anything that's going to lengthen them is a miracle! This does the job for me. It doesn't really thicken them

Out much, but it helps with the length which is obviously a crucial thing aswell. Its just as important. No girl wants to have a eye full of make up and still look like you have no eye lashes! This helps, not as much as others but it's still good. It claims to be a ' super volume mascara ' which I disagree with, which is a little annoying because it's a little lie, but besides that I do actually like it. 

      You can buy this product from boots. It retails at £10. I wouldn't buy this again separately but I would be happy enough to get it in a Christmas set again. 

I give it a 6/10 because it lengthens but doesn't thicken my lashes.  I also think as I have Sao before :p it's to much to spend on a average mascara for me personally, because I bought the set for just £28 and received a bundle of things! 


The link below 

http://m.boots.com/mt/www.boots.com/en/Soap-Glory-Thick-Fast-Super-Volume-Mascara-Superjet-Black_1238274/


' elf 3 in 1 ' this is obviously a mascara you can only buy online. And I'm sure you all know what ELF is. 

     If not it isn't a little person that makes toys at Christmas. It stands for eyeslipsface. It's an online make up brand. I am pretty sure it's worldwide aswell. I know for deffinate you can get it in America and the uk. It is extremely cheap. 

    Back onto the topic :). This mascara is amazing, especially for the price. It's not like normal mascara's, it has the plastic wandc but then has a small ball on the end for the lashes in the corners and then the small bottom lashes. Which I think is a great feature. I know other mascaras have this quality too but this is the only one I have tried. It really does work. 

     Some times we all struggle with those lashes that are hard to get to, so this mascara makes life easy. It brings out the lashes, makes them thick and longer looking. Which is what we all ask for. 

        I give this product a 9/10 the only reason it isn't a ten is because If you run out its not just a simple trip to the shop. You have to order online which means you have to pay for shipping ( unless there is a promotion ) so this makes it slightly awkward. 


Link below, 


 http://eyeslipsface.co.uk/en/restofworld/mascara/3-in-1-mascara-very-black/invt/81440


' False lash telescopic' by loreal. This is an old mascara I don't have it anymore, but I thought I'd include it into the list. I don't know why I haven't bought it again to be honest, maybe one day :) to be Honest I thought they had stopped selling it, but was surprised to find it on boots :) 

       I remember having this mascara when I was quite young and nieve about make up. I didn't really expect miracles ( or maybe I did ) but it's great! It is a thin brush so your lashes don't clump together, and it helps make them have that ' false lash effect ' obviously it isn't as good as false lashes but you can't expect it to be. False lashes are thick. And even though this helps to thicken them, they would be no way they would be that thick. it is £10.99 from boots. 

         I'm going to give this product a 9/10, the product is great so is the packaging. But obviously so far this is the most expensive mascara I've mentioned. And obviously I'm supposed to rate cheaper alternatives and this isn't one of them. I reccommend the product, but if it was £3-£4 cheaper. 


Link below 

http://m.boots.com/mt/www.boots.com/en/LOreal-False-Lash-Telescopic-Mascara_1245134/



Thank you for reading! Hope it's given a few of you some ideas on a few mascara's :D 


                                                        Nicola xxx












No comments:

Post a Comment