Wednesday 24 July 2013

Updated fake tan! Enjoy

I keep reading blogs about fake fan recently and re read through my post about fake tan and then realised how poor the description was! ( must of Been a bad day) so lets start again, I'm going to delete that post and do it over! With pictures. I will speak about packaging, price,value for money, and will rate out of ten for everyone!!! 
I thought that we would start with fake bake products because I have a few. 

So first up is the ' fake bake airbrush' as you can see its a spray format, In very beautiful and stylish packaging. It makes the product looks expensive with it being gold with the black at the bottom. This product is very good, because it's easy to use, instead of getting fake tan possibly on your hands you are safe, but it helps if you have someone to help because it's awkward to reach certain places. Your back is very hard to do alone. So bare having someone with you when you use. Brings out a nice colour, not to orange, but I also think every skin tone reacts different so bare that in mind aswell. 
This retails at- £20 in the uk 
This is amazon prices and here's a link to check it out 
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B001C3787M/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1374829962&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SX110_SY190

I would give this product 7/10 
I like it but like I said its awkward to do alone. 

Next up is another fake bake product as promised :) 
' fake bake flawless ' I'm sure this is the most obvious fake bake one from the range. It's a pure classic. It comes with a mitt and a pump to make it easier for application. 
       The tanning mitt is a good quality one aswell, this product is also good packaging, this is a fake tan you have to keep on over night and obviously has the fake tan smell and I wouldn't reccommend it on white sheets, but I'm sure 90% of fake tans are like that. This is a good product though, and I really liked it. This is where you can buy this product from at - £16.11

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B0046VGPHQ/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1374855521&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SX110_SY190
 
I'm going to give this product a 7/10. I like the overall product and would repurchase again. 

' fake bake 60 minutes ' I love this product! It's perfect for a rush day, or even if you just don't want to sleep wearing the tan because of the smell or it'll ruin your sheets. There are many reasons why people don't like to sleep wearing tan over night. 
      Obviously this tan does what it says on the bottle. It's 60 minutes tan. So you simply put the tan on and you can wait just one hour to wash the top layer off. You can leave it on upto 3 hours for a maxium tan. I normally do it twice, wait 2 hours for both coats and then I have the desired colour I want. Obviously all the packagings are similar, but any girl that fake tans would love this version because its pink! 
      This product is perfect, outside and inside, I highly recommend this to anyone who likes tanning. Quick and simple. I will make sure I re buy this product ( hopefully it doesn't run out any time soon ) it's my best fake tan I own, and have ever owned. 
I found it hard to find this product hard at first, I know amazon is cheaper because every where else is £24.99, but it appears to be unavailable to buy from amazon. But if you would like to purchase check around to get a good deal! 
http://www.johnlewis.com/fake-bake-60-minute-tan-liquid-236ml/p231608836

I give this product a 10/10 personal opinion but I love how easy it is to use, and how quick it drys. 

Here is a link on official fake bake website where you can buy products. 
http://www.fakebake.co.uk/contents/en-uk/d84_fullrange.html

This website shows a lot of different ones, and I'm sure everyone can find one they would like. 


Next up! 
Gradual tanners, I have a few of these so I thought it would only be right to add them to this detailed description to help people decide if they are looking for a tanner but something not too heavy. 
First we have the ' palmers natural bronze gradual tanner ' this one smells amazing! Obviously it has the norml coco butter smell, which is amazing because it's normally the smell of tabs ect that put people off. 
This is obviously just normal palmers packaging, but it's cream instead of white. And yes my one is very messy, obviously with tan ( looks minging ) 
             This tan is great because you can reapply  a few times a week if your not happy with the colour, if it's not dark enough, but obviously it's not designed to be the stero typical orange tan. 
I found it hard to find this product in the shops, every where seemed to be out o stock when I looked, but I finally manage to find some! I'll put some links underneath of shops to find it in, instead of buying online. 
http://www.superdrug.com/gradual-tan/palmers-cocoa-butter-natural-bronze-tan-lotion-250ml/invt/355798&bklist=
As you can see at the moment it's cheaper in superdrug because of a promotion. 
http://m.boots.com/mt/www.boots.com/en/Palmers-Cocoa-Butter-Formula-Natural-Bronze-Gradual-Tanning-Moisturiser-250ml_1189257/
Surprisingly it is also on promotion at boots! Which is a bonus 

It is also sold on amazon but the prices seem a little dear. 
I'm going to rate this product a 8/10.
This smell is a huge advantage to this product! 

' dove summer glow ' this product is around everywhere, in supermarkets the normal beauty/ drugstore shops and others. I have seen it everywhere recently. 
    I bought this is a whole ago and have only used it twice. Obviously it just does just as it says. Gives you a summer glow, without the streaks etc. ( you will get streaks with any gradual tanner If you are not careful with application. But 80% of the time be careful and it'll look just how you expect it too. The smell is just he usual tan ish biscuit smell. You can get it in different shades, light to medium and medium to dark. Me being thick I didn't realise that when I first bought it, an instead o getting the light one( which is the one I need ) I got the darker one, so the tan comes out a little darker than I anticipated but if I repurchase I will make sure that I buy the correct one. My silly mistake!  
     It's an okay tan though, for a gradual one, and it isn't too pricy. 
I don't think I'll buy it again as I have a lot of different ones open at the same time ( and I hate it!) So maybe when ive finished a few I might think about it. 
This is the link where you can buy it from :) at £5.10 full price. 

http://www.superdrug.com/dove/dove-summer-glow-with-soft-shimmer-250ml/invt/253966&bklist=
I rate this 7/10

A few random tans! 

This is an old tan that I've had for a while, and to be honest I don't know why I'm keeping it, I didn't like it the first few times I used it, but I like to give things a chance, and will think about trying it out again one day this summer. Maybe..... 
There isn't much to say about this tan, because it's not very exciting ( hopefully ill change my mind. I'll keep you updated if I try it again, and just give up and throw it away. We will see :) 

I couldn't believe it when I researched this! How expensive it is now, I know when I bought it I paid no where near as much for it. It is now a huge £13.49 which I think is expensive for a loreal tan. Very surprised by this. 
I give it a low 5/10 


Next up ( I don't have a picture ) as I'm writing this on my iPad and I'm struggling to upload a picture. 
Of course it is the ST MORIZ! 
Everyone knows this is the cheap alternertive to ' st tropez' but about an eigth of the price. It's about £3. Who would of thought anyone could make a product so cheap. How do they make a profit? And you can buy this from anywhere, home bargains, savers anywhere less expensive will stock it. 
       It's not obviously as good as the high end tans, but it works it gives you color. Yes it smells and yes it can streak, but if you used to tanning and are good st applying it you might as well try it. 
I wasn't going to add this product but thought I should. 
I give it a 8/10 purely for the price! 

I know it's been a long post but I hope everyone appreciates it, and if it helps one person then I've done my job. Thank you so much for reading! 
                                                                                                                                            Nicola xxx











No comments:

Post a Comment